Data for "Forecasting: Principles and Practice" (2nd Edition)
All data sets required for the examples and exercises
in the book "Forecasting: principles and practice" (2nd ed, 2018)
by Rob J Hyndman and George Athanasopoulos < https://otexts.com/fpp2/>.
All packages required to run the examples are also loaded.
The R package fpp2 contains all data sets required for the examples and exercises in the book "Forecasting: principles and practice" by Rob J Hyndman and George Athanasopoulos (https://OTexts.org/fpp2/). All packages required to run the examples are also loaded.
You can install the stable version on
install.packages('fpp2', dependencies = TRUE)
You can install the development version from
This package is free and open source software, licensed under GPL (>= 3).
Version 2.3 (13 April 2018)
- Changed scale of visnights and gasoline
- Added packages to Suggests for all examples
- Now depends on forecast v8.3+
Version 2.2 (24 January 2018)
- Added raw data to package
- Added elecdaily
- Added visnights
- Added goog200
- Added prison and prisonLF
- Updated all available data
- Corrected some documentation
Version 2.1 (25 May 2017)
- Switched to roxygen
- Fixed documentation
- Fixed some data dimension errors
- Restricted uschange data to 1970+
Version 2.0 (23 February 2017)
- Updated for 2nd edition of book
- Updated data where available
- Corrected some help files
- Added new data
Version 0.5 (14 March 2013)
- added vn, debitcards, departures and cafe data sets.
- missing value removed from end of usmelec.
Version 0.4 (30 April 2012)
Version 0.3 (26 March 2012)
Version 0.2 (22 February 2012)
- More data added
- Changed description so it now mentions the book rather than the workshop.
Version 0.1 (4 June 2011)
- Started adding data files for FPP workshop.