Create Dendrograms and Tree Diagrams Using 'ggplot2'
This is a set of tools for dendrograms and
tree plots using 'ggplot2'. The 'ggplot2' philosophy is to
clearly separate data from the presentation.
Unfortunately the plot method for dendrograms plots
directly to a plot device without exposing the data.
The 'ggdendro' package resolves this by making available
functions that extract the dendrogram plot data. The package
provides implementations for tree, rpart, as well as diana and agnes
- Don't open plot device during calculation of segment data #25
- Removed margin argument from dendro_data.rpart, since this had no effect on plot.
- Fixed issue 20: Plot data is dependent on device, causing errors and spurious new devices
- Fixed issue 24: Labels don't print in
ggdendrogram() with package
- Fixed issue 22: Margin not working for
- Minor change in documentation to comply with latest ggplot2 release
- Fixed issue 13 by adding
- Use if(require(...)) for tests, examples and vignettes that use Suggested packages
- Update NAMESPACE to import functions from base R (required by R-devel)
- Added support for objects of class twins in packages cluster, specifically agnes and diana objects (pull request #14 by @unikum)
- Many small changes and improvements to documentation
- Some bug fixes
- Unit tests now run during R CMD check
- Modified vignette to use knitr instead of SWeave
- Modified code to suggest tree, rather than import
- Changed plot behaviour of ggdendrogram() to have prettier axis labels
- Removed all references to hidden functions in package stats
- ggdendro now imports MASS, tree and ggplot2 (rather than suggests)
- Added Brian D. Ripley as author (original author of package tree)
- Removed support for rpart
- Changed Licence from GPL (>=2) to GPL-2|GPL-3 to conform with rtree license conditions
- Modified code to conform to
- Modified examples to conform to ggplot2 v0.9
- Added support for classification trees using
- Classification trees using
tree produced error due to attempted rounding on factor variables
Changes in API
- Fixed inconsistencies in the names of the
data.frame segments. The names are now always
- Included the
ggdendrogram function that conveniently creates a
ggplot dendrogram in a single line of code.
theme_dendro, an almost blank theme
Experimental release of package.
Supports extraction of plot data for the following classes: